0 Flares 0 Flares ×
I am Co-Founder of LinkedIn and a partner at Greylock.
On this site, I will post essays on entrepreneurship, Silicon Valley, civics, politics, and perhaps some philosophical topics, too.
More about me
- The Alliance: Managing Talent in the Networked Age
with Ben Casnocha and Chris Yeh
The employee relationship is broken, leaving managers with an seemingly impossible dilemma: You can’t afford to treat employees like family (which they never were). But you can’t build a lasting, innovative business when every employee acts like a free agent. The alliance is a two-way relationship that lets company and employee work together toward common goals, even when some of their interests differ, and represents a new way of building long-term relationships in today’s volatile economy.
- The Start-up of You: Adapt to the Future, Invest in Yourself, and Transform Your Career
with Ben Casnocha
The career escalator is jammed at every level and creative disruption is shaking every industry. Start-ups – and the entrepreneurs who run them – are nimble. They invest in themselves. They build their professional networks. They take intelligent risks. They make uncertainty and volatility work to their advantage. These are the very same skills professionals need to get ahead today. In order to accelerate your career in today’s competitive world, the key is to manage your career as if it were a start-up business: a living, breathing, growing start-up of you.
Articles, Op-Eds and Best of Blog Posts
- Harvard Business Review: Tours of Duty: The New Employee-Employer Compact
- LinkedIn’s Series B Pitch to Greylock
- Disrupting The Diploma
- Why Relationships Matter: I-to-the-We
- Strategy + Business: Connections With Integrity
- Washington Post Op-Ed: Immigration Promotes Entrepreneurship and Prosperity
- Washington Post Op-Ed: Let Start-Ups Bail Us Out